A Data Science community of practice
The Data Science community is a place where health and care professionals can find and share knowledge and resources as part of an active community, showcasing real-world examples and applications of the latest developments in data science in collaboration with NHS England's AnalystX programme.
The Data Science community will focus on the delivery of machine learning and deep learning and later will bring in AI elements into our framework.
Join the team!
We are expanding the Data Science community team with new roles to create an executive group that can take forward the work building a community of practice. These are volunteer roles, but require an appropriate level of time commitment: i.e., approximately two hours per week.
We were particularly looking for early-carers, apprentices, and trainees who want to get involved. In this case, enthusiasm is more important than experience. Ideally, these roles would suit someone who is employed by the NHS.
- Establishing direction for the community, leading by example, and motivate our members to get involved.
- Develop the overall strategic plan for growing the community with the NHS Data Science Community Board.
- Build relationships with other communities of practice across the NHS and Government.
- Represent the organisation at external events and publicity opportunities.
- Find and curate content for the community website and slack channel.
- Help members of the community with copy editing and publishing on blogging platforms.
- Develop the communities social media presence and brand identity.
- Help organise, host, and deliver successful events that leave memorable experiences for the members of the community
- Book events using the 'events.england.nhs.uk' platform
- Place advertisements for events on AnalystX and send out comms to NHS data and analytics teams
- Work with our web developer to update the NHS Data Science community website events page
- Further develop and update the NHS Data Science community website.
- Work with the NHS.UK template.
- Develop HTML/CSS skills.
- Manage the community GitHub site.
- Update community projects, blogs, event, and resources pages as needed.